Firstly, a quick mention that we have had such a great reaction to the release of our new summer collection (if you missed the new campaign in last week’s newsletter you can find it here). We are now running very low in stock on almost all bar cart styles - just a heads up in case you are wanting Roy, Terrance or Harvey to help you celebrate the silly season! ;)
If you follow Bowerhouse on Instagram you might already know I am pregnant with my 1st - having entered into this new, strange & wonderful world, I may be clueless when it comes to swaddling, sleep routines & travel systems but I have LOVED designing a dreamy nursery for our little man & thought I might share the design journey with you today…
The starting point was this gorgeous vintage kantha quilt that somehow found it’s way into the linen closet ;) Red with a subtle white print, blue stitching & soft cream/grey check reverse.
Although the quilt provides a bright burst of colour, overall I wanted a soft, calming space so have decided on keeping the walls white & layering a few shades of blue with cream & touches of natural wood for warmth. Below is my storyboard with inspiration images for the room…
I didn’t want to go too themed & didn’t want anything overly ‘babyish’ in the space, so although there are many irresistibly cute baby mobiles & cushions around, I wanted pieces that would grow with our little man, artwork that wouldn’t look out of place in an 8yr old’s room or pieces like the wallhanging, armchair & ‘eye eye’ art print that could be swapped out to a living space when his room gets updated down the track. Even though we know we are having a boy, like clothing purchases, I am trying to stay fairly gender neutral so key pieces can be used again if we have a girl in the future. Below the moodboard & product list/shop links…
- Mobile - Castle & Things paper sculptures to string & hang from the ceiling for a fun pop of colour.
- Fine Little Day Eye, Eye poster
- ‘The Whale’, Terry Fan art print
- Louie Luxe custom floating type name (note Archie is not our chosen child’s name :)
- Kalon Studios Caravan Cot - In my opinion the most attractive cot going around - converts to a beautiful toddler bed & could also be used in a playroom as a daybed/lounge. If we decide not to splurge on the cot we will go for this budget friendly option.
- Featherstone armchair
- Fog Linen cotton baby blanket
- Purebaby bunny rug
- Pappiyon Design custom cot sheet
- Bowerhouse vintage kantha quilt
- Kippins ‘River’ comforter
- Finklestein handmade Elephant
- Ububub Booksie Bookshelves - In love with these genius designed bookshelves that display those gorgeous book covers making it easy to find your child’s fave & turns them into works of art.
- Bowerhouse handwoven wallhanging
- Bright Beige ‘Chasing Whales’ print
- Bloomingville Wooden Pull-along Train
- Bowerhouse Natural Seagrass baskets - as laundry & toy baskets.
- Ikea Mandal Chest of Drawers to double as change table