Firstly a huge thanks to the great response I have had so far to the new catalogue and collection! I have spent most of the past couple of weeks packing orders, its so great to know you are loving the new pieces!
There are only a couple of spaces so far in our new house that I have not shared with you so will be doing so over the next few weeks and hope to share some of the finished results once we are all moved in. If you missed the previous installations in the 'home build' series, I have been sharing my design process and inspirations for each space in the hope that it inspires some ideas for your next build, renovation or update. The master bedroom should be a place that induces relaxation at night and an inspiring space to wake up to and feel excited to start the day, here are my ideas to create a perfect bedroom sanctuary in your home...
The design process starts with a moodboard, a collection of images that display the look & feel that you want to achieve. When searching for inspiration I loved the calm, muted & relaxed bedroom spaces, but was also drawn to bedrooms with some colour and texture introduced. Inspired by these images - I want to create a calm, sophisticated space with a mainly neutral pallet, lots of white, with the contrast of dark and some colour, texture & interest in artwork, feature cushions & throws. Hopefully you can see how the inspiration above has translated into the colour pallet, finishes & decor choices below - If you keep coming back to your moodboard when making selections it will keep your vision strong and consistent.
- Carpet - Hycraft 'Carramar' in Buckwheat - We went for this lovely loop pile carpet in 100% New Zealand wool, being a natural fibre, it has great insulating properties and is lovely and soft under foot. It is an 'oatmealish' colour with a slight greyish undertone so will work with cool or warm coloured decorating tones.
- Bed - We bought our bed about 5 years ago, its a sleek modern yet classic design and is in a lovely 'zebrano' wood.
- Painted wall in Dulux 'Western Myall' - we chose this gorgeous dark charcoal for the wall at the head of the bed - creates lovely contrast in the room and gives it a moody, sophisticated edge. I highly recommend this colour if you want a true charcoal - some greys can be blue/purple or greenish once you paint them - this is a lovely balanced charcoal grey.
- All other walls painted in Dulux 'Natural White'
To keep the space un-cluttered and calm, we will have minimal furniture and decorative items, however the feature pieces we do introduce will bring all important beauty, colour and texture to the space;
- Bowerhouse 'Basket' pendant bedside light
- Bowerhouse 'Legacy' art a feature for above the bed
- Bowerhouse 'Barrel' side table as bedside tables
- Bowerhouse 'Button-Up Painted Stripe' cushion
- The 7th Duchess 'Flor De Jamaica' scented candle
- Bowerhouse vintage kantha quilt
- Freedom 'Box floor mirror'
- Grundig App driven alarm clock
- Kindle 'Fire' e-reader - for the ritual night-time read
- Sheridan 'Leon' Quilt cover set in white & 'Reilly' vintage wash chambray sheet set in fog - currently on sale (not shown) Natalie x